July 26, 2011

A year later


A year ago this week I started an idea for a personal happiness project. I think is seemed to appeal to me as I continually felt that I wasn't challenging myself, not really personally or in my business. I did feel like I was stuck for a while. I didn't live like life was a gift everyday I was just sort of blindly going through the motions.

I do feel the past year has really challenged me, as well and made me stretch past my comfort points at time. There were parts about the endeavor that I really loved about what I learned. For the first month I decided to embrace new things. It was a fun month of trying new foods and saying yes to new opportunities. It really did help remind me that saying yes is fun. I have tried to carry that idea over in the past year. 

Making time for friends also has made my life better this past year. I have in the past two weeks made lunch dates to be able to see everyone I care about more. Things like that make me so happy there I no reason to not do them. Also the idea of saying yes to social situations by accepting more invitations. It is totally a weakness of mine but saying yes when people want to share their happiness with you is a great habit to get into. 

This year I did my first trade show and began to really take my jewelry business seriously. By treating it as a true business others have begun to treat it as such as well. The air of professionalism rubs off and for so long I was scared to see it that way. I do love what I do. I love having a creative outlet and I love the look on someone's face when they find a piece of jewelry they love and get to wear away with them. It makes me happy on a level that nothing else does and I am happy to have that in my life. I am happy I get to do that. I feel blessed for it and I cherish that I get to live my dream. Few do and I am thankful I am one of them. 

Lastly, I do want to thank everyone of my friends and family that has supported me in my quest for a happier and more balanced me. Though this year has sent a roller coaster of friendships. While a few friendships have wained, more have grown and I am thankful to have such amazing people in my life. Also a special thank you to my amazing boyfriend who has made it his year's aim to help me find happiness at every turn. I feel so lucky to have all of you in my life. Thank you for making my year great but above all thank you for making my life better. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Rachel. Your perseverance has been an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete